Microsoft Entourage is a very popular application for Office as well as home users. It is part of Microsoft Office for Mac suite of application, developed by Microsoft for Mac OS X operating system. However, in current version of Office for Mac, Microsoft has replaced Entourage with Outlook, but it is still used by many users worldwide. Microsoft still provides updates, which enable you to keep your application updated and avoid needs of Entourage repair solutions.
Sometimes after installing the updates to Microsoft Entourage, you might find that the application is not working properly. Entourage may even refuse to open. It gives you the following error message when you try to start the E-mail client:
“An older version of the Microsoft Database Daemon is running. To open Entourage, first delete the daemon from the Startup items, and then restart the computer. For more information, see Mac OS Help.”
When you launch any other Office applications, like Word for Mac, you get another error message that states:
“An unexpected error occurred while trying to load the Microsoft Framework Library.”
When it happens, all your significant Entourage data becomes unusable. At this point, you are required to use an advanced Entourage recovery method to get your E-mails, contacts, and other Entourage data back.
You may run across this issue if any of the below mentioned conditions are true:
- You have not restarted the Office Applications after installing the updates.
- The update was not installed successfully and thus the application is not working.
- Microsoft Entourage database is severely damaged and Entourage cannot read it.
You can try fixing this update issue using any of the below mentioned steps:
- Close all Office for Mac applications and restart your Macintosh machine. It will close the existing Daemon and update it.
- Download the updates manually from Microsoft Website and install them. In some cases, Automatic updates may not install properly.
- Repair the corrupted Entourage database with the help of inbuilt Database Utility. It rebuilds the database and makes it accessible.