Adobe Photoshop is the most popular graphic designing and image editing application. This tool is used by millions of designers to create their masterpieces and other professionals to make their designs look catchy. This tool stores your precious designs in PSD files, which are very reliable and safe. However, file corruption is a very common issue and may occur even with PSD files and can lead to serious data loss problems. In order to deal with such problems, you need to use PSD file repair methods.
The most common problem with the PSD files is that the application does not recognize the files and thus cannot open them. The following scenarios describe one such issue that happens with the Photoshop files:
- You were working on an important PSD file and suddenly the system had shut down improperly because of power failure.
- When you restarted the system after power resume, the file was not in the folder where you saved it before system shut down.
- You have downloaded some sketchy software that helped you locate the PSD file, but the file is not accessible.
- When you try to access the file using Adobe Photoshop, you get the following error messages:
The above issue is repeated with every attempt of opening the file and you have to fix PSD file to work around the same.
Go through the following steps to see if you are able to access the file:
- When you save an Adobe Photoshop file, it creates a temporary file during the process. Find the temporary file and see if it is accessible.
- If the system was shut down while Photoshop was writing the file to disk, then there might be some file system related problem. Use CHKDSK to verify it.
- Restore the file from most recent backup. This is the most efficient solution to handle file corruption and data loss.