Microsoft Entourage effectively manages all your significant data, including Emails, notes, tasks, contacts, and project files. This is one of the most popular personal information managers and mail clients. With an advanced database, your precious information is safe in Entourage. However, there are some cases where you may find that all your critical data is missing when you start Entourage. This situation can lead to data loss and require Entourage database repair solutions
This problem is very frequent and you can demonstrate it using the below mentioned scenarios that usually occur while accessing your Entourage database:
- When you start Microsoft Entourage application, all your data is missing.
- It seems like you have opened Entourage for the first time and it asks you to create a new account.
- When you attempt to access the data from the application, they are not visible from the interface.
Such issues put you in need of Entourage database recovery methods to be used to extract inaccessible data.
The most common causes of this problem are as mentioned below:
- You have selected the wrong Identity in the Entourage, which does not contain your contacts, mails, and other data.
- You have moved your data from MUD or Microsoft User Data folder to an unexpected location. Entourage expects the folder to be in MUD folder.
- Entourage database is severely damaged due to virus infection, improper system shutdown, or any other similar reason.
The solutions to this problem are dependent upon the cause of the problem, as described below:
- Switch to the original Identity that contains all your valuable data.
- Locate or find the database on your Mac hard drive and place it MUD folder.
- If the issue remains unresolved, it is caused by corruption to the database and you need to opt for effective recovery tools.