Microsoft Entourage is the most advanced E-mail client and personal information manager. It lets you store and manage your critical data in the different folders. Using different folders to divide the items decreases the chances of database corruption and inaccessibility of the Inbox. However, there are some situations where you may find that some of your Entourage folders are inaccessible. This happens because of corruption and you need to use Entourage database repair solutions to get your significant data back.
Consider the following scenario, which you may run across while accessing data from Entourage, to understand data inaccessibility issue with the E-mail client:
- You have divided all your Entourage emails in different folders, depending on the sender and type of mails, like personal, social, work, and so on.
- When you try to open any folder in Entourage, it just stops responding and the application crashes, making all your critical data inaccessible.
- It shows the folder is empty. However, if you go to web server to access your Web Mail, then you see a number of mails in the particular folder.
After the above error message, you lose access to your valuable data. It makes your critical data inaccessible and you need to opt for Entourage recovery solutions to regain access to your Entourage data.
The most common causes of such issues are:
- Entourage installation is damaged.
- The account does not have proper access rights.
- The folder or entire Entourage database is damaged.
Use the below methods to sort out this issue:
- Remove Microsoft Office for Mac installation and re-install the application suite from installation disk.
- Create a new user account and see if the problem is fixed. If creating a new account fixes the issue, then you can move your data to new account.
- Rebuild Entourage database using the Database Utility. It is a built-in tool that fixes minor database corruption issues and makes it accessible.